1. I measure and analyze everything that my business does to monitor progress and identify ways to improve.
2. I keep on top of my revenue targets and take steps to rectify any under-performance.
3. I focus on my ultimate goals and develop strategies that will lead to their achievement and am motivated to work towards them against all odds.
4. I keep a constant eye on changes in the marketplace so that I can steer the business to make adaptations when required.
5. I find it easy to step out of the day-to-day and see the big picture.
6. I realize that sometimes a wrong decision may be better than no decision at all. Indecisiveness doesn’t inspire confidence.
7. When faced with a decision my biggest concern is not moving fast enough to make the decision that’s needed.
8. When faced with a decision I work through a strategy that’s proven in the past rather than figure out the approach as I go along.
9. If I have a decision to make, I get as much data as I can rather than jump right in.
10. I trust my gut feeling to guide me if I have a quick decision to make. It’s never let me down.
11. I don’t hesitate to invest in the cost of delegating tasks to those who can do the job better than I can.
12. When delegating I make sure I know the specific outcomes I want and always communicate them to the person I’ve chosen for the task.
13. When delegating I put in place support and monitoring measures, so I know the delegated task is progressing successfully without micro-managing the person.
14. I know that when I delegate, I still retain control and accountability for the task and its effect on the business.
15. I motivate those who work with me to contribute their best. These include strategic alliance partners, networking colleagues, suppliers and so on.
16. I promote a creative work environment so that those who work with me feel encouraged to contribute their ideas for innovation.
17. When I’m seeking a solution, I don’t try to force a result, but instead allow my brain time to come up with an answer.
18. I’m willing to take new ideas and take action to innovate by making improvements in my business.
19. I make sure that I keep my energy levels up by taking regular breaks during the day to stimulate my brain’s creative processes.
20. I take multiple vacations away from my business through out the year to focus on my self-care.